Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Not all of us are headed down to Austin this weekend for SXSW.... so, we're convening our very own gathering at @PurposeNYC for the brilliant minds who are staying put!
The program is in the works but below are some of the fabulous players in NYC social good scene that will be giving 5 minute "Ignite-style" presentations about their current projects, as well as inspirations and their ambitions for 2011:
- Lee-Sean Huang "Musings on movement design: lessons learned from the movies, capoeira, and Oscar Wilde"
- Remy Peritz from TEDx will talk about the rise of self organizing
- Eric Forman will talk about his art/design work related to sustainability
- Kate Shulte will talk about Pencils of Promise and the 21 schools they've built in 2 years
- Ben Lear will sing songs from his Folk Opera, Lillian, about the great island of plastic in the Pacific ocean
- Ida Benedetto, '5 One-Minute Lessons on Youth Media'
- Becky Straw will talk about the Adventure Project - a new startup that invests in promising ventures in developing countries
- Bonnie Calvin from TEDprize will talk about how they are turning the world inside out and invite #SXSWNYC to participate in this year's TED wish
Hope to see you there!